Something to dream about tonight.
Something to dream about tonight.
- Check your local adverts. Many products go on special in regular intervals, if you can figure out the ‘pattern’ and buy some of your favorite products when they go on special, you can really save up.
- Sign up for your local supermarket’s discount card.
- Freeze excess produce. If you have purchased too much produce and are worried about spoilage, consider freezing your fruit and vegetables. This will not decrease the nutritional value and also works out well for future soup or smoothie recipes.
- Plan a grocery list. Impulse purchases can really add up, so instead of grabbing random eats that look appetizing at the moment and will actually collect dust in the cupboard, plan a healthy grocery list of essentials in advance.
- Buy in bulk. This can save you quite a bit of money in the long run. It’s a good idea to stock up on items that aren’t likely to spoil when they are on sale, for example: peanut butter. You can also buy produce in bulk and freeze (as mentioned above).
- Choose generic brands. Many worry about the quality of generic brands, but quite often the generic brands are actually produced by brand name factories with extra capacity. There will not be a noticeable difference in quality, plus you will slash costs.
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market and buy in season. Many assume that Farmer’s Markets are more expensive, but in most cases this isn’t true. Buying your produce in season is also much more cost-effective and will taste fresher.
- Carry a water bottle. This will keep you from buying potentially more expensive items like juice, soda, or energy drinks while you are out.
- Pack your lunch and cook more meals at home. Though it is fun for a treat to eat out, your wallet and your body will thank you if you make an effort to eat at home. You know exactly what you are putting into your food and saving money, win-win.
- Start a garden. While this may be an initial investment, growing a few key items in your own home will repay your investment many times over, not only with regards to cost, but also convenience.
FULL BODY CARDIO WORKOUTS
I know I don’t have many followers, but if it isn’t too much to ask I would like for everyone to just take a second to read my story. The pictures above are a summary of my life the past two years. From my first date with Christian, to my first and only prom with him, to finding out I was pregnant and starting our family. As you can see the past two years have sort of been a roller coast ride for me, with plenty of ups and downs. But I can easily say they were the best two years of my life. There are a few dates I will never forget, starting with February 26th, 2012. That was the day me and christian officially started our relationship. The next date is July 11th, 2012. The day I found out I was approximately 7 weeks pregnant. January 12th, 2013, the day we moved into our little house. Then February 13th, 2013. The day my son, Noah Clark Carden came into the world. I’ll never forget June 8th, 2013, the day Christian was taken to jail (just a minor probation violation), and July 23rd, 2013, the day he was released. After that, the dates are all kind of just a blur and a flash of good memories. Until, October 30th, 2013. That is the night Christian died. I found him, he had committed suicide. I stayed by his side until the ambulance arrived, but he had no heart beat. I followed them to the hospital and as soon as they resuscitated him and he was stable they allowed me in his room. At first I sat by his side holding his hand, and I just cried. He was breathing on his own through a tube, and a machine was doing most of the work for his heart. Just when I lost all hope one of the nurses told me, “You know you can talk to him, right? Hearing is always the last thing to go in a situation like this”. So I did, I told him many things. Countless times I told him how much I loved him. How much me and Noah needed him. That if he would just fight for me, and come back, that God would give us another chance to do things right and to be a family. I just went on and on, and when I looked up, his eyes were half open and he was crying. Tears streaming down his face. That’s when I knew.. he wasn’t going to be able to come back to me, and he knew it too. But I stayed there, I stayed by his side until they called his death and removed the machines. And for an additional two hours I sat there with my head on his chest, and I played with his hair because that was his favorite thing. I stayed until the nurses said it was time to go, I looked at him, whispered I love you, kissed him on the forehead, and I walked out. Christian suffered from depression, but not a lot of people knew that because he never reached out to anyone. He had stopped his antidepressants, but he didn’t let anyone know. He truly felt that if he died nobody would miss him, that we were all better off without him.. well he was wrong. But he couldn’t help that he felt this way, he was sick. People don’t understand how severe a mental illness can be just because you cannot see it. So this post has two messages in it. ONE, if you are depressed and you feel like you have no purpose, like you are not loved, well you are WRONG. There are many people out there that will be affected and deeply hurt to lose you. Christian didn’t realize that until it was too late. And two, if you are having suicidal thoughts… reach out to someone.. anyone. You can even message me day or night, and I will talk if you want to talk, or listen if you want me to listen. Don’t keep things hidden, and don’t feel embarrassed, scared, or ashamed.. please. You are not unwanted, you are not any different, you are depressed, and there is a cure. I would give anything to go back and tell Christian all of this, why I waited until it was too late… I dont know. And I will never forgive myself. So don’t make that mistake. Life is too short to spread hate, to hold grudges, to cut ties. Instead forgive, spread love, and find happiness. Christian always told me how much he loved to make other people happy, and it was true. I can’t name all the favors that were left unreturned.. but he didn’t care. He did it for the joy of making someones day. He was such a people pleaser, if he couldn’t make somebody happy, he felt like he had failed. What he didn’t understand is that it wasn’t his responsibility to make others happy, but he took on the challenge anyways. When other people were hurting, Christian took in their pain as his own. Everyday took a toll on him, to the point where the pain was unbearable. But you would have never known if you met him. He would flash that smile and release every bit of happiness he had until he had none left. I know it seems cliche, but it is true. Reblog this to spread Suicide Awareness. If my story can help save just one life, well then I will feel accomplished. And if Christian knew he started something to inspire others, to bring someone to reach deep down inside and find their own inner happiness, and give them a reason to live, well then he would feel accomplished too. So please, help me do this for him. I may not have worded this exactly how I wanted to, or got everything out, but I think I did the best I could at this point.
Spread Suicide Awareness.
Admit it, flavored water is fun. Throw in a bunch of your craziest combinations together or your favorite fruits together and you might never look back!
Better yet, it’s a great activity to do with your kids and the variety of colors in the water may just attract them. Moreover, aside from getting your hydration in, you are also downing the extra vitamins and minerals from the various herbs, veggies and fruits you put in. Do you need any more convincing?
Tips about flavored water:
- Fresh vs. frozen fruit. When in season, I prefer to use fresh fruit. However, when fruit is out of season, the fresh version can be tart or flavorless. Because fruit that is to be frozen is picked at the peak of ripeness, it is often the better option for the best flavor, sweetness, and nutrients. I find this to especially to be the case with berries and peaches.
- A variety of fresh herbs. Use whatever herbs you like or happen to have on hand. I picked all of these from my herb garden and have tried them in flavored waters. It’s surprising how well they blend with most fruit flavors, and they amp up the refreshing factor of the water. Mint is the most obvious herb choice. I also have tried basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, lavender, and tarragon. All good.
- WASH FRUIT THOROUGHLY! The citrus and berries need to be really, really clean to keep contaminants and bacteria out of your flavored water. I recommend organic fruit, if it isn’t going to be peeled.
- Use your veggies too. Have leftover carrots or cucumber from cooking? Throw them in!
Minty Cucumber Lime
1/2 a cucumber, sliced
1/2 a lime, sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Strawberry-Lemon with Basil
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 a lemon, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 cup cubed watermelon
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Pineapple-Orange with Ginger
1/2 cup cubed pineapple
1/2 an orange, sliced
1 tablespoon freshly-grated ginger
What You’ll Need:
- 1-quart jars
- Wooden Spoon
- Agave or another sweetener (optional)
What to Do:
- Choose which recipe you’re making — or come up with your own combination — and gather all of the ingredients.
- Place the fruit, herbs, and/or spices in the bottom of one of the glass jars, and muddle with a wooden spoon. (That basically means mash up the fruit in the bottom of the jar to release some of the flavor-filled juices.)
- Fill the jar with water and give it a taste. (You can also fill the jar with seltzer water for a fizzy treat.) If you’d like something a bit sweeter, try adding some agave (and mix until dissolved).
- Enjoy as-is or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
All Citrus Flavored Water
- 1 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, Water
Raspberry + Lime Flavored Water
Pineapple + Mint Flavored Water
Blackberry + Sage Flavored Water
Watermelon + Rosemary Flavored Water
Well, here are just some of the combinations you could toy with.
- Watermelon and mint (pictured above)
- Cucumber and mint
- Lemon and mint
- Cherry and lime
- Watermelon and cucumber
- Ginger and lemon
- Orange and pineapple
- Lemon and lavender
- Lime and mint
- Cucumber and lime
- Lemon and basil
- Strawberry and mint
- Blackberry and ginger
- Lemon and blueberry
- Thyme and blackberries
- Cucumber and rosemary
- Cantaloupe and watermelon
- Cucumber, lemon, and mint
- Lemon and lime
- Strawberry and basil
- Cranberry juice and lemon (use a capful of unsweetened cranberry juice)
- Ginger and lime
- Pineapple and mango
- Strawberries and lime
- Orange, lime, and lemon
- Lemon and a pinch of cayenne
- Papaya and mango
- Carrots, grapefruits, cucumber, mint, lemon.
This list is non-exhaustive, so don’t stop here. Be creative and who knows you might just discover your personal favorite.
Enjoy drinking your way to health! :D
- Tone It Up Tighten & Tone Your Abs video
- Pop Pilates Flat Abs Challenge video
- Pop Pilates 3 Minute Ab Challenge video
Thighs and Butts
- Pop Pilates Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves video
- Pop Pilates Inner Thigh Insanity video
- Pop Pilates Saddlebag Shaver video
- Pop Pilates Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques video
- Pop Pilates Butt Blaster video
- BodyRock 300 Squats Challenge
- Skinny Yoga Girl Legs & Butt Workout
Your Whole Body
- Tone It Up Arms, Abs, and Legs Pyramid video
- Pop Pilates Till The World Ends video
- Pop Pilates Summer Slimdown Part 1 and Part 2
- Bodyrock I’m Into You Workout video
- Skinny Yoga Girl 1000 Rep Workout
- Skinny Yoga Girl Full Body Cardio & Strength Workout
- Skinny Yoga Girl Burning Body Workout
- Beginner Yoga 20 minute video
- Hurts So Good Power Yoga 95 minute video
- Blissed Flow Yoga 90 minute
- Sun Salutations video
- Sun Salutations 2 video
- Hip Stretches
- Tara Stiles Bend It Like Tara
- 40m Yoga weight loss Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- Yoga Fitness Plus 45 minute video
- Yoga Sculpt30 minute video
- Yoga Fitness Fusion 45 minute video
Try Some Zumba:
Bikini Bod Time
- Bikini Abs & Thighs
- Sandcastle Workout
- Bikini Blast Circuit Workout
- Tone It Up Itty Bitty Bikini video
- Tone It Up Bikini Beach Bum video
- Tone It Up Bikini Abs & Thighs video
- Tone It Up Sandcastle Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Tone It Up Bikini Blast Circuit Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Flat Abs Challenge
- 3 Minute Ab Challenge
- Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves
- Inner Thigh Insanity
- Saddlebag Shaver
- Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques
- Butt Blaster
- Cardio Part 1
- Cardio Part 2
- Cardio Part 3
- Cardio Part 4
- BodyRock.tv Hot Body Workout
- BodyRock.tv 4 Minute Workout
- BodyRock.tv Hardest Workout
- BodyRock.tv Hard Bodies Getting Harder Workout
- BodyRock.tv 6 Minute Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Run The World Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Hot Attack video
- Chest and Back/Ab Ripper X
- Legs and Back
- Cardio X
- Kenpo X
- Shoulders and Arms
- Core Synergetics
- Stretch X
- Chest, Shoulder, and Triceps
- Back and Biceps
Birthdays. Setting fires. Holding hands. Making stew on cold nights. Mountain climbing. Sleep. First dates. Vacation. Spending the day in bed. Buying wedding rings. Exploring a forest. Playing peekaboo with a baby. Watching someone smile genuinely. Camping. Stargazing. Counting rings on a tree. Realizing that someone loves you. Returning that love. Getting drunk for the first time. Smell of old books. Looking through black & white photos. Learning your ancestors’ names. Laughter. Hot chocolate. The feeling of getting back up after falling down. First day of college. Last day of college. Acing a job interview. Screwing one up and realizing it’s not the end of the world. Collecting shells. Sunbathing. Listening to someone’s heartbeat. Sound of waves crashing against shore. Rain hitting a tin roof. Heartbreak that turns into heart-healing. Your own house. Decorating that house. Coming home to someone you love. Hearing the sound of their footsteps on the stairs. Honesty of fall leaves. Their colors. Fresh snowfall. Singing favorite songs off-key. Seeing love come into someone’s eyes. Watching your parents look at each other like the very first time. Sunrise. Sunset. The way fire burns into ash. Smell of a campire. Waking up with light spilling over the sheets. Breakfast in bed. Living long enough to watch wounds heal over. Change. Wilderness. Forgiveness. Change some more. More change. Spring. Flowers blooming, opening up like you can. Good memories. Learning how to forget bad ones. Warm feet in a cold bed. Sleeping with the only person you care about. Waking up to their mouth and arms. Smiles that reach all the way to the eyes. Letting go of balloons like dead weight. Floating in water on your back. Skydiving. Risk. Adventure. First C on a test. First A. Favorite teacher. First poem. Last poem. Holidays with family. Roadtrips. Changing the sheets. Your father’s gnarled hands when he grows old. Grandchildren. Children of your own. Their first day of college. Their graduation. Their wedding. Anniversaries. Making daisy chains. Smell of freshly-cut grass. Pride. Feeling good about yourself. Loving what’s in the mirror. Not being afraid anymore. No more heaviness. No more grief. Survival. Picking berries til your fingers are stained dark. Frost on windows. Holding someone without sex. Sex with love. The joy of swearing. Counting the years you’ve lived. Another candle on the birthday cake. Another mark of victory. That bellyache laugh that hurts all over. But hurts so good. Breath freezing in winter. Feeling that breath on your skin. Someone’s eyelashes blinking into your palm. Accomplishment. Self-worth. Love. Triumph. Sitting under willow trees without weeping. Apologies that get accepted. Understanding that comes from forgiveness. First fight. First makeup afterward. Less hurt. More good.
** Please don’t delete this text, otherwise you won’t be able to know what letters mean**
The Ab’s Ilicious Challenge : 30 days for working your abs !
Before everything : don’t forget that abs are revealed in the kitchen. You can have strong but “invisible” abs. For having best results ever : workout + healthy meals. ;)
This challenge is not complicated, not that hard, and won’t take you more than 10 mns everyday. Watch videos before starting, and do each exercise well. Quality is better than quantity. :)
Note : numbers you see beside letters mean “1 movement”. 1 movement = 1 on the left side + 1 on the right side. Example : “a : 10” = 10 movements on the left + 10 movements on the right.
a : Joyful Obliques. How to do it : video here
b : Walking in the air. How to do it : video here
c : Ouch Side. How to do it : video here
d : Open your arms. How to do it : video here
e : Plank. Numbers on the challenge are in seconds.
f : Move your Hips. How to do it : video here
g : Hooray Bicycles. How to do it : video here
Abs on Fire. Video here
If you are curious to see if you can have results before testing it, here is my before/after. ;)
If you want to share your before/after, or your thoughts along the month, feel free to tag your posts with #behealfit, a place on my blog is specifically made for you. :)
GOOD LUCK BLUEBERRIES !
this is amazing! im trying it tomorrow